Hello from SLC Utah

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Ryan587, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Ryan587

Ryan587 New Member

I am 29 y/o and new to long range hunting. I started reloading when I inherited a custom 257 roberts. I quickly relized that the factory ammo options were very limited, so I started to to do some research. I finally got my dream LRH set up 10 yrs later: A fully custom 338 edge with Nightforce 8x32x56. Looking forward to loading up some rounds and putting them down range.

2. ShooterMedic

ShooterMedic Well-Known Member

How do you like your 8-32x? Is 32x too much power, do you get alot of mirage.

i was thinking about getting one in that power but I have heard the 22x is enough.

Welcome a board!!

3. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Welcome aboard!!

I was down there for a stint. Get up on that Conference Center. You can get some range from up there. Nice piece of habitat too. :)

Shootermed, Have used both of the NF powers. Both are great optics. @ 22X you can hold on any part of a dicky bird @ 600 yards. I think the lower range version is more useful from dawn to dark.

4. ShooterMedic

ShooterMedic Well-Known Member

I am looking at putting one on a barret 50 bmg, so 600 would be that starting place. But I think you are right the 22x should be plenty.

Thanks Roy.