Hello from SLC Utah

Ryan587

I am 29 y/o and new to long range hunting. I started reloading when I inherited a custom 257 roberts. I quickly relized that the factory ammo options were very limited, so I started to to do some research. I finally got my dream LRH set up 10 yrs later: A fully custom 338 edge with Nightforce 8x32x56. Looking forward to loading up some rounds and putting them down range.

How do you like your 8-32x? Is 32x too much power, do you get alot of mirage.

i was thinking about getting one in that power but I have heard the 22x is enough.

Welcome a board!!

Welcome aboard!!

I was down there for a stint. Get up on that Conference Center. You can get some range from up there. Nice piece of habitat too. :)

Shootermed, Have used both of the NF powers. Both are great optics. @ 22X you can hold on any part of a dicky bird @ 600 yards. I think the lower range version is more useful from dawn to dark.

I am looking at putting one on a barret 50 bmg, so 600 would be that starting place. But I think you are right the 22x should be plenty.

Thanks Roy.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.