Hello from New Zealand

264ShooterNZ

Greetings to everyone here.

I'm Michael, from Auckland New Zealand. I've enjoyed hunting and shooting for the past 30 years.

Currently, I'm just finishing load development for my custom 6.5mm SAUM, which I had built on a customised Remington 700 Short Action, featuring a 24 inch fluted Criterion barrel and fitted into a McMillan M700 Mountain Rifle stock (McWoody finish). All up with a scope, the rifle weighs 6.6 lbs and Recoil is about the same as a .270. The rifle really loves 140gr Hornady SST's and is shooting the new 143gr ELD-X into sub MOA, but I am just tweaking the loads to get them to 0.5 MOA. I have also got some 130gr Swift Scirocco's and Barnes 127gr LRX to test.

Welcome to the forum Michael. Lots of good info from some knowledgable folks on here. Have fun. Dave

Howdy! So jealous of the variety of animals you have to shoot there on the small Island. It's on my bucket list! Sounds like your rifle is a sweet ride.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.