Hello from New York!

Spades777

Hi guys i've been around the forums for a bit reading and reading. I would really like to get into long range hunting, however I can't at the moment, maybe later on in life. Well anyways about 2 years ago I bought my first rifle and it is the bargain priced Stevens 200 in 30-06. Its a shooter from what I hear. I've shot it a good amount, but not enough to get a good feel for it or test its true accuracy (I've been pretty busy). Well anyways what seems to bother me the most about the rifle is the stock. I know there are many replacement stocks out there, however I would like to go a different route (not only because I prefer a cheaper route, but because I like projects). So from what I've found over the internet some time ago was a fellow poured lead shot and epoxy in the butt and forearm of the stock. He also put a steel rod in the forearm to make it sturdy. I put the link in my favorites, but for some reason I can't seem to find it. So maybe you guys can help me out.

Thanks in advance guys and I love the forum! gun)

First of all, Welcome to Long Range Hunting.

Try posting your question over in the General Forum. Not everybody reads the members intro forum and you'll get a lot better response by starting in the General forum.

Good luck with your project.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.