Hello from Missouri

oneluckypops

Hello all, I just found this forum a few days ago. I questioned if I wanted to join with my lack of exsperience or knoledge. But I took some time to browse around and was suprised to see that everyone seems to get along and not bicker back and forth about whoes right and whose wrong.

I have been thinking about getting a rifle that fits "me". I have always just used one of my dads guns for hunting, well I think it is time for me to get my own.

Now let me say that my Dad is a professional gunsmith with 12 or 13 years of exsperience. He is very knoledgable and likes to have conversations about guns, ammo, ect... I have not had the desire or the knoledge to join in on his conversations with my brother, honestly if I try I just get lost and confused. I am hopeing to learn a few things from them as well as this forum. But I will try to post my questions in the appropriate places.

I do not have any exsperience shooting more then 250 yards, But I would like to be able to, I do know that it will take alot of ammo and practice. Lucky for me I live about 10 minutes away from bucksnort rifle range here in Missouri which is a 600 yard range, I think they hold alot of national competion shoots, I am sure alot of you know more about this then I do.

Welcome to LongRangeHunting. This is a great place to build up your knowledge database and then you can surprise your dad. :)

I think your idea about your own gun is a good one. Good luck with that and it's a nice thing having a gunsmith in the house when you start wanting a special gun of your own. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.