Hello from Michigan!

engineer40

Hello All! Seems like every time I Google a question I have about rifles this forum kept coming right at the top of the search results. Figured I should probably join as I'm on here reading enough already!

I was lucky enough to grow up on some land with my family and shot quite a lot. My dad even had a FFL for a number of years and did some moonlighting as an arms dealer and reloader. He had me melting down wheel weights and casting bullets by 10 years old (And got paid 1 penny per bullet. Definitely less than minimum wage).

Fast forward to a great Air Force career and into the corporate world... I stopped doing much shooting for 15 years of so; except for the first couple days of deer season.

A couple of my current coworkers are avid shooters and I went out with them a few months ago. Dang, I realized I still enjoyed doing this! We had a blast!

So I've picked up a few new guns in the last 3 months and have really been enjoying myself. Also a great side benefit is it gives me something outside to do with my older son and my dad again. Which I love.

Current arsenal includes:
20 gauge single shot. New England Firearms. (First gun, got in 4th grade).
30-30 single shot. (Still can't understand how a 30-30 kicks so hard?)
12 Gauge Rem 870
10/22 Ruger
303 Lee Enfield (maybe my favorite bolt rifle, and I'm not sure why?)
Del-Ton AR15
Hi Point 40S&W pistol (Only downside is people judging you. Very accurate)
Hi Point 40S&W carbine (shares mags and ammo with the pistol)
Mosin Nagant
1903A3 30-06 (almost museum quality I bought from wife's great uncle)
270 Rem 721 inherited from great Grandpa.
30-06 Rem 740 semi auto inherited from Grandpa.
30-06 Rem 783

Haven't really shot past 300 yards before. But I've never really had an urge to until now.

Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.