Hello from Houston Texas

holy crap thats a nice group, looks like mostly horizontal spread. without that wind I bet it would have been better.
The rifle only had 40 rounds down the barrel when I shot that group. I usually don't go out to shoot with that kind of wind but trying to get barrel broken in. Sent this to my gunsmith and his reply was " once you get your loads figured out the the gun will probably shoot" ;)

Welcome from the Northwest.
Look at the Berger 215 hybrid in Berger's match ammo since your not hand loading yet. I was given a new Rem 300wm that didn't like anything I tried off the shelf ammo. Got into hand loading and from searching all the wisdom from this site, it's a shooter for me. Definitely not to the accuracy of the Big boys on this site but is much improved and getting better. I load Berger 215's and getting good results. There's a good write up on these bullets on Long range only. Hope this helps.

Welcome from the Northwest.
Look at the Berger 215 hybrid in Berger's match ammo since your not hand loading yet. I was given a new Rem 300wm that didn't like anything I tried off the shelf ammo. Got into hand loading and from searching all the wisdom from this site, it's a shooter for me. Definitely not to the accuracy of the Big boys on this site but is much improved and getting better. I load Berger 215's and getting good results. There's a good write up on these bullets on Long range only. Hope this helps.

I wish I could :/ i re-barreled it to 300PRC. Before I did that I actually used the factory Berger 230gr Hybrid OTM and still was only getting 1 to 1.3 MOA. Of course that was with a super light sport button rolled carbon barrel from the factory.

I wish I could :/ i re-barreled it to 300PRC. Before I did that I actually used the factory Berger 230gr Hybrid OTM and still was only getting 1 to 1.3 MOA. Of course that was with a super light sport button rolled carbon barrel from the factory.
Oh ya I remember reading that🤪
Well now you know what my wife has to deal with every day. You'll definitely get your PRC dialed with all the wisdom help from this site. Keep us up on your progress.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts