Hello all

Cowboyblaster

First of all thank you to the Bakus boys for accepting my request to be part of this group .From what I've seen and read here so far i know im in the right place to advance my knowledge of long range shooting and hunting.
As for myself i am a British Columbia resident all my life raised in north east bc i was hunting by the time i was old enough to sit in a saddle. My first experiences with professional hunting were in my late teens in north west bc up alongside the alaska panhandle. There we guided for moose of course and grizzly,carribou,sheep and goats. Along with a pretty good variety of other predator species. After a few years of that i moved to Vancouver Island and started a small fishing charter company that operated on the north west coast of the island from nootka island to the top of Vancouver Island. As i phased out of that due to increasing federal regulations and declining tourism dollars i starting into a 29 year stint as a driller blaster building predominantly logging roads and a few very large scale hydro electric projects. Which i still am doing. Up until i was about 35 i had always hunted with older perhaps not so high end firearms lever action 4570 was my saddle gun for protection when guiding to which purpose it in my mind was probably unparalleled as it did undoubtedly save my life twice. Hunting rifles i used were an old Turkish 8mm mauser that i thought was the bomb until i got my first model 70 Winchester 30 06 and from there my eyes have been widened with my 1964 remington 700 bdl varmint barrel 308 that i call the teacher and will never sell. My wifes 7mm 08 browning x bolt very accurate rifle .now as i learn and become a better shooter than i ever thought i could be .i realize the learning will never stop and am excited to learn more .and hopefully put some incredible guns into the hands of people who want to or can already utilize them to their highest capability

Welcome from California (and a spouse from Onterio, Canada). We loved visiting BC and the Island.
Thanks it is a very fine mix of terain we have here and a vey wide variety of terain everything from tue desert to plains to mountain and coastal forest .ive never felt any real desire to be anywhere else in the world. Im glad you enjoyed

welcome and greetings from north texas glad to have you on board this is an awesome forum you'll love it
Thank you and your right there is an excellent class of shooters on here probably far better than I im thinking Haha you happen to be in one of the few other spots in the world id like to hunt those chamois you have and deer I've seen shows where you all have equal anything I've ever seen come from my neck of the woods

Welcome to the forum!! Glad to have you join to help share thoughts and experiences.
Thank you i think this group may even help me become an even better shooter and blaster because im learning more and more that like anything it's all about attention to detail along with alot of experience. I know ill learn lots here and hopefully be able to share some of my own

Recent Posts