Heart Attack

Thank you so much for putting your story out there. I work in Cardiology in Arkansas and I can tell you that it would shock people to know how many walking heart attacks I see every week. That good ole southern diet keeps us busy. And yes as you said if you are having those feelings get checked out. Nobody knows your body like you do, and if you feel like something is off then don't let anyone tell you to ignore it. I send people to the Cath lab or to the OR every single day and so many times it's "my wife made me come" or "I started not to come." Get checked and take care of your body, you only get one.

My little story and I hope it is worthwhile for someone:
Worth it's weight in GOLD, brother! I had quite a scare exactly one year ago this week. I woke up before my alarm went off that morning and my chest was quite literally "bouncing all over the place". Was the weirdest (and most dreadful) feeling I've ever felt. I could not go back to sleep and decided to just go ahead and shower, shave, etc and proceed to my in-service training that day. I left the house (with my chest still 'bouncing') and decided that something was dreadfully wrong. I got on the radio and told the dispatch center to wake up the closest fire-station and tell them I was on the way with something bad wrong with my heart. They were waiting on me when I arrived and immediately hooked me up to all their machines. They pretty much freaked out when they discovered my RESTING heat rate was 220 bpm with no consistent rhythm. Needless to say within 5 minutes I was at the ER with a team of doctors and nurses hovering all around me. They asked for my wife's phone number so they could get her there.....now I was starting to really freak out. They tried a couple different intravenous drugs, but they had no effect. Their only other option was to put me under general anesthesia and ZAP ME with their Defib paddles and HOPE that worked.....instead of actually killing me. The wife arrived and shortly thereafter they put me under and ZAPPED ME. My wife said it was a HECKUVA sight and the SCARIEST thing she'd ever seen......said my whole body flew up off the gurney about foot when the electricity hit me. Anyways...it worked and my heart returned to normal. I met with a Cardiologist about a week later. Neither the Hospital nor the Cardiologist could tell me why that had happened. Said my heart 'looked' great, but my lab-work indicated high cholesterol and vitamin B deficiencies.
So, I took it upon myself to change some things. Dieting first and foremost. I weighed 220 lbs then and I'm down to 187 now and only 12% body fat. I also went and had my Testosterone levels checked and the doctor told me that he sees women patients that have more Testosterone in their blood than I had. :eek: So, I do weekly injections of Testosterone Cypionate, take my vitamins every day, pay strict attention to my daily diet and I feel like I did in my 20's (I'm 46 now). I get lab-work done every 3 months and everything is "In the Green". AND with the increased Testosterone the wife is a bit happier, too😇.

Just over a week ago on August 8 I felt ill and mostly stayed in the bed all day. On the 9th I felt the same. My wife checked on me and I told her my legs ached. She examined my right leg and told me she thought I had a blood clot. She told me I needed to see a Dr.
I told her I would be fine. Couple hours later I decided to walk outside to my truck about 30 yards away. I made it to the truck and it hit me, I could not breathe. My wife called 911 and I went to hospital by ambulance.
Long story was I had a pulmonary embolism.
Blood clot from DVT traveled to multiple locations in both lungs. I should have taken the signs seriously. I have my wife and the Lord for being here today.
Don't be stubborn and think you are less of a man if you think you need help. Sometimes the sooner you realize this can affect the outcome.
God Bless and take care.
Take of yourself and I hope you get well soon.

I too learned to listen to the voice after a life threatening episode. In October 2006, I was on a business trip in OH. I experienced crushing headaches all week, but brushed them aside to tend to my business. My coworker wanted to take me to the ER, but I refused because I did not want to be laid up 8 hours from home. Upon returning home, I was unable to get out of her car and things spun out of control and went dark. Upon waking from a medically induced coma 8 days later, I was told I experienced cardiac tamponade (fluid in the pericardium). Doc told me they keep a list of the 10 most critical patients and that I had been #1 from the minute I arrived with a BP of 60/40. Doctors think it was caused by a drug interaction (thyroid med and multivitamin) which was exacerbated by skipping breakfast and lunch most days while working 80-90 hours per week, but could not be certain.

At 49, my perceived invincibility was shattered. That was a good thing as I no longer take tomorrow for granted.
Any idea what multivitamin was reacting to your thyroid meds? I'm on levothyroxin and take a daily multi . I'm also vit D deficient so I take 10000iu of vit D daily

Last edited:
Any idea what multivitamin was reacting to your thyroid meds? I'm on levothyroxin and take a daily multi . I'm also vit D deficient so I take 1000iu of vit D daily
It was Centrum, but skipping breakfast and lunch for days on end was the real issue. An empty stomach somehow caused the calcium in the MV to consume the thyroid med. ,

It was Centrum, but skipping breakfast and lunch for days on end was the real issue. An empty stomach somehow caused the calcium in the MV to consume the thyroid med. ,
Got ya-- thanks. I gotta have all my meals or else I start to get the shakes and feel weak. I've get tested for low blood sugar every year and I come out fine-- but it seems like a low blood sugar thing to me.

On a side note-- my doc never said anything about my thryroid meds and grapefruit-- but I read somewhere that grapefruit can screw up the meds too so I stay away from grapefruit ( even though I like it alot)

I have had 3 heart attacks in the last 3 years, I just got out of the hospital for the 3rd one last week. If you feel pain in your jaw, Shoulder, Your heart, don't ignore it, I knew it was coming all 3 times, I ignored it and took handfuls of aspirin for a month before the first one. I also had a pulmonary embolism in the last year. I have been diagnosed with Rheumatoid in the last 2 years or so, So it's hard anymore to do a lot of physical activity without real pain, Hence the blood clots. I don't normally air out my health dirty laundry on a public forum, But I too had the "Impending Doom" feeling each time I had the heart attacks. I'm glad I'm still here, Had a great time with the grandkids over Thanksgiving! Take things like this seriously.

Worth it's weight in GOLD, brother! I had quite a scare exactly one year ago this week. I woke up before my alarm went off that morning and my chest was quite literally "bouncing all over the place". Was the weirdest (and most dreadful) feeling I've ever felt. I could not go back to sleep and decided to just go ahead and shower, shave, etc and proceed to my in-service training that day. I left the house (with my chest still 'bouncing') and decided that something was dreadfully wrong. I got on the radio and told the dispatch center to wake up the closest fire-station and tell them I was on the way with something bad wrong with my heart. They were waiting on me when I arrived and immediately hooked me up to all their machines. They pretty much freaked out when they discovered my RESTING heat rate was 220 bpm with no consistent rhythm. Needless to say within 5 minutes I was at the ER with a team of doctors and nurses hovering all around me. They asked for my wife's phone number so they could get her there.....now I was starting to really freak out. They tried a couple different intravenous drugs, but they had no effect. Their only other option was to put me under general anesthesia and ZAP ME with their Defib paddles and HOPE that worked.....instead of actually killing me. The wife arrived and shortly thereafter they put me under and ZAPPED ME. My wife said it was a HECKUVA sight and the SCARIEST thing she'd ever seen......said my whole body flew up off the gurney about foot when the electricity hit me. Anyways...it worked and my heart returned to normal. I met with a Cardiologist about a week later. Neither the Hospital nor the Cardiologist could tell me why that had happened. Said my heart 'looked' great, but my lab-work indicated high cholesterol and vitamin B deficiencies.
So, I took it upon myself to change some things. Dieting first and foremost. I weighed 220 lbs then and I'm down to 187 now and only 12% body fat. I also went and had my Testosterone levels checked and the doctor told me that he sees women patients that have more Testosterone in their blood than I had. :eek: So, I do weekly injections of Testosterone Cypionate, take my vitamins every day, pay strict attention to my daily diet and I feel like I did in my 20's (I'm 46 now). I get lab-work done every 3 months and everything is "In the Green". AND with the increased Testosterone the wife is a bit happier, too😇.
Glad you are OK,

something is NOT RIGHT though, I have heard of a few other people having problems, One is a friend in another state, They all told me that their doctor said they had a "Vitamin B Deficiency"

Why is that? What are they pushing now? I went to a doctor about ten years ago and I explained some issues I had, And it was like he had a blank stare and never heard a word I said and told me I think your testosterone levels are low, I want to test you for that, I said "What", Yeah I don't think so! I left there and got a different doctor.