He is off the mark!!!!!

sako5

Been taking a 15 year old out with me recently and he is now started to shoot deer with his own rifle.We knocked 3 over last weekend with the young fella getting 2 with his 25-06 at 260m /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
The smile in the pics say it all.Heres a few photos from last weelend anyway.All pics are the kaweka mountains which are public land /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
P2030009.jpg

P2030006.jpg

P2020001.jpg

P2040013.jpg

P2040017.jpg

P2030010.jpg

P2040019.jpg

ever heard of pants or do they not have them over there? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ever heard of pants or do they not have them over there? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they buy them all at a 50% off sale /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

don

[ QUOTE ]
Nice pictures of New Zealand. What kind of deer are you hunting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sika and red deer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Na i hate hunting in pants.All the hard blokes hunt in shorts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just awesome pictures! I especially like the two with the mountains and the clouds intermingling.

What kind of temp's do you guys experience while hunting?

[ QUOTE ]
Just awesome pictures! I especially like the two with the mountains and the clouds intermingling.

What kind of temp's do you guys experience while hunting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto on the pics. Really nice country.

RE: Temps. Must be fairly warm or they'd be wearin' nylons. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (figgered I could get away with that as sako is in NZ and I'm safely tucked away in an unlocatable place in Idaho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif)

Its summer here still i think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

That hunt the temp was between 0c and 20c depending on the time of day.We dont have predators in our bush.The biggest killer would be rivers and exposure to the elements.Even though im always in shorts we always go prepared as it can snow anytime of the year.We are usually a good days walk from the car too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Na i hate hunting in pants.All the hard blokes hunt in shorts

[/ QUOTE ] Ok I guess I have yet to hit my head hard enough to become a Hard bloke yet. I dont get the coats combined with shorts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Oh well. Give me a few years and a few more trips down the hill and I will get there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good work there sako getting the young fella away from the couch and playstation and into the hills , your not wrong about our so called summer , although being a farmer im not hating the extra rain .

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.