hbn or other ways for stoping cold welding(or whatever it is called)?

I used to seat my bullets long, maybe a week or two prior to a match, then final seat at the range when I got there.
The above method means that I can seat whenever or however I want and not worry about pressure spiking.

What MagnumManiac stated is all you need to do. As others, I don't keep loaded ammo around. My brother-in-law will load 400-500 bullets in a marathon session. He seats all his bullets .002+- long and then seats them where he wants them before he goes shooting.

I switched to using HBN in all my long range rigs (600 yds or more). It's very, very simple to do. Wash and dry bullets, put them in your treated media, and tumble with appropriate amount of HBN. Also treat your barrel. It made massive differences in my rifles, not really in velocity but consistency. Cold bore never even gets a thought in my rifle, because it will go into the same .25 MOA as following shots, and every shot before. My rifle will sit for months and will make a cold bore shot on a MOA target at 1000 yds+ every time if I make a good wind call. Verticle spread is .25 MOA or less, and I have found this out to 1300 yards so far. My e.s. and s.d. is single digits, consistency is just stupid good. I cannot recommend it enough.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.