Hawke Sidewinder Information?

95huskers

I was just curious if anyone out there is using this Hawke Sidewinder scope? I would probably opt for a mildot reticle but I am curious about the SR12 reticle on this scope. How does it work? I was dead set on getting a Vortex Viper but someone had suggested Hawke Sidewinder to me so I thought I'd take a look. Thoughts?

Link to scope: Hawke 6-24x56 Sidewinder 30mm Riflescope

I just bought the Sidewinder Tactical 4.5-14X42 last year. I absolutly love the scope! I bought it even though I've never seen one. So it was a little risky but i heard a lot of guys say good things about them. The guys that did some reviews on them liked the glass and the light that they hold in low light conditions. I would very much agree with them. The big question they had is how they hold up. Mine is holding up great I've had no problems at all. I took it on a elk hunt last year and the weather was AWFUL my whole gun was soaked as well as the scope. It got very cold and things started to ice up. When the weather finally cleared, I made a 375 yard shot on a elk. I had no problems with the scope. It took a beating that day. Hit the elk right where i thought I would.

Its a well built scope. Super solid. I think it is a very high quality scope. You'll notice that the scope is HEAVEY! But i didn't mind that. I am very impressed with it and will buy many more! Let me know if you have any other questions

I inspected the Hawke scopes closely at the 2010 SHOT show. Probably the best engineered Chinese-made scopes I've seen. Good glare performance.

Not sure I would ever go with the 6-24x56 model (not shown on the Hawke website?). Excessive magnification and objective size. Unless you have a specific reason for >20X mag, I recommend the 4-16x50 instead. With a 56 mm objective, your cheek weld may be a bit awkward without a cheek pad.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.