Hawke sidewinder 30mm

7mmultrafan

Looking to put this on a browning abolt 300wm. Wanted your guys opinion on it ill be using it for hunting 200-1000 yds. Any info would be appreciated. Especially if you guys would go with a different optic. This is a last minute rifle setup and wanted to stay under $500 till my pennies are saved for a leupold mk4.

i have the 8-32x56 on a 6.5x284 and im not all that impressed. glass gets foggy at about 20 power, parallax is hard to fine tune, illuminated reticle is barely visable even in the dark, and my $99 simmons whitetail classic scope is MUCH clearer at any power than the sidewinder at 8x. I would go with a Leupold with target turrets if possible, i dont know what they cost but i dont think its too bad. Good Luck

i have the 8-32x56 on a 6.5x284 and im not all that impressed. glass gets foggy at about 20 power, parallax is hard to fine tune, illuminated reticle is barely visable even in the dark, and my $99 simmons whitetail classic scope is MUCH clearer at any power than the sidewinder at 8x. I would go with a Leupold with target turrets if possible, i dont know what they cost but i dont think its too bad. Good Luck

Do you know when that scope was made? I recall that Hawke redesigned the Sidewinder 30 scopes a few years ago. I've evaluated the lower mag range models recently. The 3-12x50, 4-16x50 and 6-24x56 models have excellent optical performance. Resolution and contrast are very good throughout the mag range. The turrets are accurate and very repeatable. Elevation adjustment is very good because the reticle is offset, giving an extra 5 MOA bullet up adjustment. I haven't evaluated the 8-32x56 model yet, though. Have you talked to Hawke about your scope?

Do you know when that scope was made? I recall that Hawke redesigned the Sidewinder 30 scopes a few years ago. I've evaluated the lower mag range models recently. The 3-12x50, 4-16x50 and 6-24x56 models have excellent optical performance. Resolution and contrast are very good throughout the mag range. The turrets are accurate and very repeatable. Elevation adjustment is very good because the reticle is offset, giving an extra 5 MOA bullet up adjustment. I haven't evaluated the 8-32x56 model yet, though. Have you talked to Hawke about your scope?
I dont know when it was made as i am the second owner, and no i havent talked to hawke at all. Im thinking about selling it and buying a different one, maybe a 6x24x56 sidewinder as a really like the reticule on the one i have.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.