Hawk hill barrels?

Mt.Boy

Thinking of trying one of their #3 Heavy sporter contours on a build. Anyone have any experience with them. Thanks

I've shot several Hawk Hill. They have been good barrels. If anything I found them to be a bit faster than barrels I've gotten from other makers in the same chambering. If you want to see an endorsement look up what the pros use for PRS and NRL. There are a lot of Hawk Hill being used. At this point, I think I have one hawk hill. My biggest issue is when I've needed a new barrel, Hawk Hill wasn't in stock .

I've shot several Hawk Hill. They have been good barrels. If anything I found them to be a bit faster than barrels I've gotten from other makers in the same chambering. If you want to see an endorsement look up what the pros use for PRS and NRL. There are a lot of Hawk Hill being used. At this point, I think I have one hawk hill. My biggest issue is when I've needed a new barrel, Hawk Hill wasn't in stock .
Thank you. Good info

Haven't tried them personally, but I've heard good things. They offer prefits for custom actions if you reach out to them. I want to say they website says $750 for a muzzle threaded prefit.

I have several, all shoot excellent. Lets be honest, if you buy a barrel from brux, bartlein, Kreiger, hawkhill, Lilja, rock creek, any of the top name manufacturers, they're all 95% equals. It comes down to the smith at that point, how straight and concentric his chamber is the the bore and his threads are the the chamber. Ive seen absolutely horrific looking barrels(cheap bargain buy) shoot very well because the smith did his best.

If they are installed correctly, they will shoot. As a precison rifle builder i cringe a little at pre fit barrels simply because thread fit is never as quality as it COULD be if fitted with receiver in hand. That said, if chamber and throat are true and threads are true, most likely they will shoot just fine. I just like to see when those threads go from to tight of a fit to just perfect threading on by hand with only a 0.001" deeper cut on the threads….. Just very picky i guess that way.

If they are installed correctly, they will shoot. As a precison rifle builder i cringe a little at pre fit barrels simply because thread fit is never as quality as it COULD be if fitted with receiver in hand. That said, if chamber and throat are true and threads are true, most likely they will shoot just fine. I just like to see when those threads go from to tight of a fit to just perfect threading on by hand with only a 0.001" deeper cut on the threads….. Just very picky i guess that way.
No sir I am not buying a pre fit. I am buying a blank for my gunsmith to fit. Guess I should have said that in my post.