has anyone used durasight?

Tikkamike

I was in the sporting goods store today And was looking for medium 1" talleys for my Browning a bolt. They didn't have them but they did have durasight mounting system which is the same basic design as Talley only all steel. The price is a little concerning they look solid and I like the design but only $20 bucks??!? I'm all for getting a bargain but kinda seems too good to be true type of thing. Has anyone used anything like them? Its only going on a 7mm rem. Magazine. So it wont see a lot of abuse bit I still want a super sturdy platform...

Well I got them home read the directions and mounted them. Basically no different than talleys. I used the alignment bars and they seemed perfect but I lap everything no matter what just to be sure. 5-10 minutes of lapping and I had visual confirmation that I had 90%+ contact So I got the scope mounted and other than the fact that I wish I had bought lows they are very nice. I'm super impressed and for half the price of talleys believe it or not. I would buy these again providing they provide the performance I am expecting.. first test is tomorrow morning at 6 when I hit the range.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.