Vortex TMT (Trajectory Matched Turret) Has anyone used one?

nimrodtracy

From Vortex:

The Vortex TMT (Trajectory Matched Turret) elevation cap is not just a simple BDC cap, it is truly custom-matched to your favorite rifle and load. For maximum speed when adjusting for accurate long range bullet drop, nothing beats dialing a yardage-marked elevation turret cap. No calculations are necessary—simply range your target and dial the turret to the matching range. Building a TMT elevation cap is easy and does not require the use of specialized equipment such as a chronometer.

Has anyone used one on there scope, how did it work for you?

I haven't used it yet, but ordered one from Vortex this week for my 6-24x50mm PST FFP MOA scope when I get it. Soon I hope.

joseph

I haven't used it yet, but ordered one from Vortex this week for my 6-24x50mm PST FFP MOA scope when I get it. Soon I hope.

joseph

Let me know how it works for you? I am told that it is just as good as the Huskemaw scope system.

TTT...................................................................................................

ttt,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Fed-x is scheduled to deliver my new custom turret on this Tuesday August 24. Can't wait to check it out at the different ranges this coming weekend. gun)gun)gun)

"Aim small miss small", :D

joseph

This morning I replaced the factory turret with the custom. The range starts at 200 yds. which is my zero and goes to 600 yds. with one revolution and goes to 900 yds with a second revolution. This is calculated to my trajectory and would be different with a different drop chart. I am planning on testing it out this weekend at my hunting camp.

joseph

This past Tuesday I received my custom turret from Vortex. It is calibrated in yards so when I range with my laser range finder all I have to do is turn the turret to the yardage and shoot.

It is mounted on my new Votrex Viper 6-24x50mm PST FFP MOA scope.

First I had to get it sighted in at 200 yds. which is my zero.

The elevation was approximately 800 feet, humidity about 60% and the temperature was 85 degrees. Wind was nil.

I then zeroed my turrets. the elevation was set at 2 for 200 yds. the windage was set at zero. When this was completed we moved back to the 400 yd position.

I set up to shoot and turned the elevation turret to 4 for 400 yds. which was calibrated from my drop chart by who ever does it for Vortex. With the windage turret left at zero this is the 3 shot group I got AT 400 YARDS with the scope set at 24 power. The rifle is a 6mm Norma BR. shooting Berger 105 gr. VLDs & Varget. The barrel is a 26" Brux 1 in 8" twist.

You look at the target. Is there anything more I need to say about the scope, custom turret or my rifle?

Testing new Vortex custom turret. - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

joseph

PS: I am really impressed with this scope. The optics were very clear and I never could see the "halo" on the outside of the lens, but it was a bright day. If you guys & gals can wait to get one you won't regret it. Next weekend God willing I will try to compare the optics with my buddies new Night Force.

This past Tuesday I received my custom turret from Vortex. It is calibrated in yards so when I range with my laser range finder all I have to do is turn the turret to the yardage and shoot.

It is mounted on my new Votrex Viper 6-24x50mm PST FFP MOA scope.

First I had to get it sighted in at 200 yds. which is my zero.

The elevation was approximately 800 feet, humidity about 60% and the temperature was 85 degrees. Wind was nil.

I then zeroed my turrets. the elevation was set at 2 for 200 yds. the windage was set at zero. When this was completed we moved back to the 400 yd position.

I set up to shoot and turned the elevation turret to 4 for 400 yds. which was calibrated from my drop chart by who ever does it for Vortex. With the windage turret left at zero this is the 3 shot group I got AT 400 YARDS with the scope set at 24 power. The rifle is a 6mm Norma BR. shooting Berger 105 gr. VLDs & Varget. The barrel is a 26" Brux 1 in 8" twist.

You look at the target. Is there anything more I need to say about the scope, custom turret or my rifle?

Testing new Vortex custom turret. - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

joseph

PS: I am really impressed with this scope. The optics were very clear and I never could see the "halo" on the outside of the lens, but it was a bright day. If you guys & gals can wait to get one you won't regret it. Next weekend God willing I will try to compare the optics with my buddies new Night Force.

Thanks for the report I think I am going to have to try one :)

After giving it a lot of thought i decided to order my Viper 6-24X50 PST FFP. I did it @ cameralnadny.com and I can´t wait to get it. I hope they get them soon. I still don´t know if i´ll be ordering the TMT, but i hope the scope is as good as every one says.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts