Has anyone tried the leupold Premier LPS?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Guest, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Wondering if anyone has tried the leupold LPS? I'm about to get a leupold M1 3.5x10x40 but figured I'd look into the LPS.

Is the glass better the the other leupolds?

Thanks

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

A few years back I had an LPS, nice scope, very clear and good definition. The elevation adjustment is a bit like the other non-turret scopes, one turn and you're on your own.

I use the M1 LR 3.5x10 now and have traded away the LPS.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks Dave, I'll guess I will stick to my first choice the m1 3.5x10x40.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

As far as brightness and clarity I could not see any difference in the Varx 111 and the LPS. I have seen in last couple of years many LPS scopes for sale in The Gun List magazine. I wonder why?

[ 09-11-2002: Message edited by: Coyote Hunter ]

5. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

I believe the LPS series we built by Steiner, can't say for certain. I do know that they look a lot like the scopes Leica was marketing for a while.

The have a "constant" eye relief rather than the bit of adjustment required by the standard Leupolds.

As I said before, I don't have any now but one of my hunting partners really likes them.

6. Ian M

Ian M Well-Known Member

Dave,
    I understood that Leupold assembled the Leica scopes that were on the market a while back, they seem to have died out. I would be surprised if Leupold let anyone else build a scope for them - glass yes but not the guts and body.
    The LPS was designed to go after the big dogs, Swaro, Zeiss, S&B and it does not seem to be doing that very well. Too bad that effort wasn't put into building a 3-16x44/50 MK4 - that would sell I bet.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ian, I couldn't agree more. Sometimes these companies can't see the forest through the trees. I never understood why they don't make a higher powered m1.