Hart barrel 338/06

Waynzee

Hi fellas, could one of you fellas give some idea of about how much it would cost to have a Savage mod. 111 with a 30/06 barrel sent out to a Gunsmith and have a Hart 24inch 338/06 barrel installed.
Here is what I would like done. Old barrel removed, Bolt face and action trued, Timney trigger installed, New barrel installed and action glass or epoxied bedded.

My gunsmith charged me $250 on my .270 AI to square Savage LA action; chamber, thread, crown, install new barrel (removal of old barrel included), and headspace/test fire.

You should be able to do the trigger and bedding yourself. Checkout DIYs in YouTube.

Good luck!

Ed

My gunsmith charged me $250 on my .270 AI to square Savage LA action; chamber, thread, crown, install new barrel (removal of old barrel included), and headspace/test fire.

You should be able to do the trigger and bedding yourself. Checkout DIYs in YouTube.

Good luck!

Ed
Thanks FEENIX, That's one good deal ya got, as far as the trigger goes I might try that but the bedding job, not so much. I have a tendency to over do things.

Thanks FEENIX, That's one good deal ya got, as far as the trigger goes I might try that but the bedding job, not so much. I have a tendency to over do things.

Below is extracted off one of the reputable gunsmith's website that is also a site sponsor ...

Attachments

• Stock work.JPG
    Stock work.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 86
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.