HAPPY THANKSGIVING! What are you thankful for?

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Just thought it might be good to list a few things that I am thankful for. First of all, I am thankful that Christ paid the penalty for my sins. I am thankful for my friends and family, for a warm place to live and food in the pantry. I am also thankful that we STILL have the freedom in this country to pursue our hobby and even for you TURKEYS on this forum:D....Rich

Can't say it much better than that! Amen!

I'm so mindful this year of God's unmerited favor bestowed upon each one of us when we deserve nothing but immediate death for our sins against a Holy God and for his forgiveness of sins that was painfully paid for by Christ's sacrifice on the cross for each one of us. If you want to be truly thankful and know what true thankfulness is this season, Christ is knocking at the door of your heart...accept his forgiveness and let him in.

I'm very thankful for living in a free country where I was able to hear the Gospel and except that message. I'm thankful for my family, old, young, and recently passed away. I'm thankful for all the folks on this forum who have helped me directly and indirectly pursue my passion of extreme accuracy at long distances. I've deployed many times to the war over the last 7 years and I'm thankful to still be alive and at home for this Thanks Giving and Christmas. Thank you Lord.

Gordon

I'm very thankful for living in a free country where I was able to hear the Gospel and except that message. I'm thankful for my family, old, young, and recently passed away. I'm thankful for all the folks on this forum who have helped me directly and indirectly pursue my passion of extreme accuracy at long distances. I've deployed many times to the war over the last 7 years and I'm thankful to still be alive and at home for this Thanks Giving and Christmas. Thank you Lord.

Gordon

And thank you, Gordan, for your service that we can remain free!....Rich

Hi Rich - i was just a troll ;-) Whereabouts in the "Great UP of Michigan" did you live? It's b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l over Big Mac - there's a stretch of trail (through/past Grand Marais) between Sault Ste. Marie and Munising that's awesome for winter camping!

The largest city nearby was Cadillac - about 20mins. I'll be visiting there for Christmas - 1st time in over 2 years. Leaving in 14 days and a 'wake up'!!!

Last edited:
Hi Rich - i was just a troll ;-) Whereabouts in the "Great UP of Michigan" did you live? It's b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l over Big Mac - there's a stretch of trail (through/past Grand Marais) between Sault Ste. Marie and Munising that's awesome for winter camping!

The largest city nearby was Cadillac - about 20mins. I'll be visiting there for Christmas - 1st time in over 2 years. Leaving in 14 days and a 'wake up'!!!

I grew up in Chippewa co. near a small town called Trout Lake. I went to high school in Rudyard which is about 15 or 20 miles SW of the Soo! I worked for the USFS until I transferred here in '75.......Rich

I have much to be thankful for:

*My salvation through Jesus Christ
*My family wife of 22 years and 3 daughters
*My parents and other family members
*Healthy family
*My job (self-employed cattle farmer) job satisfaction is high but pay is low
*To live in the Greatest Country the world has ever known
*Thankful to the members of the US military and their families for their service
*Thankful for the freedoms that we have in this Great Country and to those who paid the ultimate price for those freedoms
*Good friends
*Time to enjoy hunting and shooting
*Time to enjoy vacations with the wife and kids

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Wow what a fitting thread for my day. Today I got full custody of my son! It was an expensive journey but in the end the courts saw the truth and decided what was truely best for my son. What a change society has gone through, not so may years ago this would have been an impossibility. Im am truely thankfull that I had my family to support me, for my lawyers who worked hard and were very involved. Some of what people say about lawyers is true but there are some good ones out there still, mine took a personal interest and I could tell they believed in me and our cause. I am thankfull for my friends who stood by me, you can always find out who your real friends are when time times are tough and trying and mine stood by me through the worst. Having gone through this most difficult time as opened my eyes as to what is truely important and how lucky I am to have the things in my life that I had taken for granted. 9 months ago I was on the verge of losing everything and today I got the biggest part of me back.

wow brother i know exactly what you are talking about. Im about 3 months away from being done with my divorce and as of now am supposed to get custody of my 3yo little girl. Obviously thankful for that. lots this year:
-not dieing in a training accident in 600ft of water
-my lawyers also
-family
-getting into my jr year of my Batchelors degree
and first of all god showing me the path he wanted me to walk.
amen
looking forward to a little smoother year in 2011

I am thankful for God's forgiveness of sins through sending Christ to take upon himself the punishment for our sins. I am also thankful that the anti-hunting people have not succeeded in outlawing hunting. I am also thankful that we have brave men and women over seas fighting to keep us safe. Don't forget to say a prayer for them while sitting around the diner table on Thanksgiving Day

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.