• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Happy Good Friday Greetings to All On LRH

Veteran

Good Friday Greetings to all on LRH,

Good Friday is the day that Jesus was crucified on the cross.

You might ask why is it called Good Friday? Doesn't seem good……

Because He died for all of us, in our place, for our sins, and for our forgiveness.

Jesus knew He was going to his Death and would be bodily dead for 3 days in the Grave.

Matthew 12: 39-40 But Jesus replied, "Only an evil, adulterous generation would demand a miraculous sign; but the only sign I will give them is the sign of the prophet Jonah. 40 ​For as Jonah was in the belly of the great fish for three days and three nights, so will the Son of Man be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights.

Jonah was running from God when he spent three days in the belly of the whale considering what God had told him to go do.

In contrast, Jesus went to the cross obediently and was tortured and died willingly as a substitute for any who would believe upon Him.

Today, Good Friday, is about a Happy kind of grief. Jesus did not run from His own suffering and death.

Thus the expression…….Good Grief............. And, Yes, Good Friday on which Jesus was crucified, a very Good Day indeed.

An even better day is coming on Sunday. A day of hope, new life, and resurrection.

Enjoy Easter with your friends, family, and grand kids. But Easter is not about a bunny and Easter eggs. That is like the Christmas Tree and
gifts at Christmas, just our human way of celebrating something deeper.

Good Friday Greetings to all on LRH,

Good Friday is the day that Jesus was crucified on the cross.

You might ask why is it called Good Friday? Doesn't seem good……

Because He died for all of us, in our place, for our sins, and for our forgiveness.

Jesus knew He was going to his Death and would be bodily dead for 3 days in the Grave.

Matthew 12: 39-40 But Jesus replied, "Only an evil, adulterous generation would demand a miraculous sign; but the only sign I will give them is the sign of the prophet Jonah. 40 ​For as Jonah was in the belly of the great fish for three days and three nights, so will the Son of Man be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights.

Jonah was running from God when he spent three days in the belly of the whale considering what God had told him to go do.

In contrast, Jesus went to the cross obediently and was tortured and died willingly as a substitute for any who would believe upon Him.

Today, Good Friday, is about a Happy kind of grief. Jesus did not run from His own suffering and death.

Thus the expression…….Good Grief............. And, Yes, Good Friday on which Jesus was crucified, a very Good Day indeed.

An even better day is coming on Sunday. A day of hope, new life, and resurrection.

Enjoy Easter with your friends, family, and grand kids. But Easter is not about a bunny and Easter eggs. That is like the Christmas Tree and
gifts at Christmas, just our human way of celebrating something deeper.
Amen my friend. I for one am thankful for this wonderful blessing. And thanks again to you for all your work keeping us informed on component availability. Happy Good Friday everyone!

Thank you for what you do for this community, Veteran! I hope you have a wonderful and meaningful Easter weekend.
Yes, I'll be smoking 2 prime rib roasts, and 2 pork loins over pecan wood, and my wife is making potatoes, creamed spinach, some vege casseroles, choclate cake, strawberry pie, and we have about 15 family as guests for Sunday lunch after worship services.

I plan on calling my mom's 97 year old sister and my Dad's 89 year old sister to wish them a Happy Easter.
I just lost my 93 year old mom in March, and their living sisters are the last of the Mohicans so to speak.

We will all try to remember the grace, mercy, and forgiveness that we have all been taught in word and in deed.