Handloading for 260REM...

sneedb82

...in a semi-auto!

I'm not a bench shooter, mostly hunter, and some multi-gun. I am a prostaffer/representative for a barrel manufacturer, and part of my job is to offer services and review the products that are sent to me. My newest project is for a 260Rem in an AR10/SR25 platform. As a result, and since I'm getting into reloading my 6.8 and 9mm for multi-gun, I want to load for this caliber as well. So far, the hunting ammo, commercially loaded, is FAR more expensive than my 6.8 ever thought of being. Mostly due to brass.

If I could ask those whom load for 260Rem, how do you get brass (do you fire form/resize) and what kind of loads are you shooting? I know a 20" barrel is not exactly "optimal" in terms of LONG range (300yards and greater in my part of Texas is Long range), however, this is again, a semi-auto, and needing an idea of where to start in terms of loading.

Will also post a thread on preferred optics later on when I get my lower/upper receiver in from distributor.

Thanks a bunch for your help :)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.