hakko 30 mm

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by shawn68, Dec 11, 2006.

1. shawn68

shawn68 Well-Known Member

A guy I work with is wanting me to buy his Hakko. It is a 30mm with a broad power, I think 6.5-24x54 with ill mill dots. Is this thing worth looking at. I dont want to be ripped off.

2. tulku

tulku Well-Known Member

Shawn , Can't help much but I seem to recall that Hakko made the very early Nightforces and that they had problems. This could be all wet , and I would like to know if anyone can verify this ???

3. shawn68

shawn68 Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing but am not sure. I also heard they make the Ramshot Vartac and the Nikon Tactical. I also heard that the reason both of these scopes and the Springtields cant be found right now is because Hakko closed up shop.

But if a guy believed everything on the net... Well, I would be eating dinner with Bigfoot and his pal the Lochness Monster.

4. Michael Eichele

Michael Eichele Well-Known Member

I have owned 1. I will never own another hakko POS. At least 10 years ago there scopes were a joke, although they looked cool. Their customer service and repair center was also a joke. Be carefull.

In their defense, I dont know how they are today.

5. Chrismadrid

Chrismadrid Well-Known Member

Early Hakkos can be OK. Later ones are dodgy.

I have (as opposed to USE) 3 in the "collection" right now - One is a 6-26*56-MP(with Ill. red/green Mildot) - It's dodgy. The others are a 4-16*50(Horus) and a fixed 10*42.

HAKKO did fold and you wont get any backup.

There are some "new" Hakkos which are being made from the plans - I have one (the 10*42) and it's not bad - but the company I acquired from has stopped importing as over 50% were unusable.

Unless it's REALLY cheap and it's a STOP-GAP solution - I wouldn't.

It's sad really.