H1000 equivalent?

desertbull

What is a good substitute for H1000 and might be available? Doesn't look like I will find H1000 anytime soon and have 2 elk tags and a deer tag coming up soon.

7 mag
162 AMAX

I was shooting 69.5 grains of H1000 and getting less than a 5/8 - 1/2" groups at 200 yards.

I hate to rework a load on a 7mag that already has 500 rounds but this powder situation SUCKS.

RL25 is close but isn't as temp stable from what I hear. I picked up 4 lbs of it local for backup in my 257 wby which I use h1000 in. there are some threads on here where some other guys are using RL25 in their 257s also.

Are you in AZ desertbull? How many pounds do you need to get you over? I live near Tucson and would be glad to sell you some to get you threw the year.

I live in Gilbert. If I could 2lbs that would be great. Even 1lb would get me threw the year. I have about 1/2 right now.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.