H & H Concentricity Gauge

I had one, but the best I've found and use is Sinclair's.
The H&H, as with any that hold bullets in centered position, will cause a low runout indication. Much lower than reality.

It's like measuring runout of a spining jump rope. But measuring nearest a hand holding it instead of at the middle of the arc. Big difference.

I love mine and shoot 1k BR and I really believe it helped me win last year including 1 State Championship for Score!! Excellent product I did replace the gauge and put a roller tip on the tip so as not to mar the bullet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It is just like any tool you know how to use it. It did not take me very long before I got the hang of it. Stick at SG&Y is the one who gave me the idea about changing the gauge and tip!

While it sounds like your world is just perfect, being the only competitive shooter I've ever heard suggest that runout influenced performance significantly.
Let me describe how things are not perfect..
Measure any round with the H&H. Drop that round on a REAL concentricity gauge, and measure TIR off the ogive.
See if you can figure a way to deny the difference.
Sorry

Sorry but I have had a Ballistician with one of the major manufacturers who I shoot with along with HOF BR shooter and one of the best smiths in the country who also teaches at Trinidad who feels this method works fine. The run out was checked after the straightening was completed and it does work. I am not going to argue about it with you but since you know more than Speedy maybe I need to get you to build my rifles—not.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.