Gunwerks ClymR Optics question

Truk505

Do any members here have any expirience with the Gunwerks rifles and in particular the ClymR? I'm going to buy one of these rifles but don't want to top it with a 30oz scope. I have been looking at the Zeiss V6 I'm just not sure about mounting it on a long action, I'm getting it in 7mm rem mag and I'm not sure if I'll have the room to mount it without a rail for a base.

Besides Nightforce are there any other scopes you would recommend? I doubt I'll be shooting past 1000yds too often. I know the NF is probably the toughest scope on the planet but I just need something that tracks good and has good glass.

I'm happy with my V6 and is mounted on a Stiller LA with a rail. It looks like it would work with some tally one piece base/ring combos.

Gunwerks has their custom Leopold Mk5HD with their own (nice) reticle. Well sub 30oz.

I think the V6 and the Mk5HD are around the same price point but I've heard mixed reviews on the tracking with the Leupold.

The V6 works fine without a rail. I had a 3-18x50 mounted in Hawkins hybrid rings on a long action without any problem getting proper eye relief.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts