Gunsmith

Steven Roe, has built several for me and many for my friends. He does our XP100 pistol custom barrel installations or full builds, and builds customs rifles. A lot of us use him that hand out on Specialty Pistols .com web site.

Apache Machine & Custom, LLC
Steven G.Roe
3935 Statesville Road
North Wilkesboro, NC 28659

Ph 336-957-0790 Fax 336-667-6142

Seems that alot of us hail especially from the points of Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia & Kentucky. LOTS of shooters down here, and all around. May God bless them all!
Point well taken, and absolutely true. Good gunsmiths, emphasises on GOOD, are a dying breed, and theres not many waiting to pick up where they leave off when they give it up. The younger generations, dont have the experience, or they focus on a different facet, such as the AR styles, but for accuracy buffs, such as myself, and most here, its gonna be tough to find a good one.
I've got a couple builds left in me, and my choices are limited now too.
It pays to do your homework when you select as well. There are some butchers out there too. Good luck, and buyer beware.

I have several built by Jack Keister in Harrisonburg VA I won't go anywhere else. Impeccable work and they flat out hammer.
Jack Keister Customs
540-867-0488

So true. Our society has changed, almost done a 180 on everything but I can't help but blame myself for OUR generation not having done enough to pass the torch, keeping younger ones interested in all aspects of the honorable trade/sport or for not promoting shooting, hunting or gun smithing enough. Sure, (hopefully), we've all done some things but we obviously had too much competition from the world. Heck, I only found out a few years ago that I had an uncle who made rifles! They obviously were quite cherished... and yet I never knew him. This is why I try to respect ALL fellow shooters, both civilian & especially military. It's a brotherhood for sure...but I fear a dying one. (One day we may all be a brotherhood of lawbreakers) I'm hoping this massive surge in gun sales nationwide will help our cause. Time will tell. We all need to support our local gunshop owners the best we can, as well as all the internet sellers who haven't smoked us on prices. JMO

Anyone recommend a good gun smith? I've reached out to a few of the top guys on here and can't get a call back. Just needing a rebarrel and possibly bolt work. I'm in western NC so I can personally deliver if close enough.
Thanks
Just a suggestion, maybe an email may be a better option. I think I have read this same thing. I know for me, I can wake up at my laptop with coffee and engage. Fielding or making calls for the first hour, not happening. Most will answer a text or email before picking up a phone, todays world.
I have a couple smiths I like using, both do great, wait times are awesome also<one thing to ponder, it is Feb 20th, will it be done by mid May?

G & G Rifleworks, Clarksville, TN. email: [email protected]

Great work, good turnaround, shooter, gunsmith, rifle builder, honest, all-around good person.
Never emailed him, we're close by, so I call or go over. Let me know if you need contact number.

Frank

Anyone recommend a good gun smith? I've reached out to a few of the top guys on here and can't get a call back. Just needing a rebarrel and possibly bolt work. I'm in western NC so I can personally deliver if close enough.
Thanks
Jon Beanland in Southwest Oklahoma is phenomenal.

Thanks for all of the replies fellas. I got in contact with a smith real close. Probably thinking a Bart barrel with twisted flute. We will see what we can get worked up. I'll be sure to keep y'all in the loop

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.