Gunsmith for A-bolt

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by catch-34, Jul 6, 2009.

1. catch-34

catch-34 Well-Known Member

Hi, I am looking for a gunsmith to do a re-barrel on a browning a-bolt in 7mag. basically I am looking for input on a good smith. I am located in WI but I have no problem sending my rifle out somewhere else. If you have a good gunsmith or know of a good one who works on a-bolts if you could post if here or pm me with their info I would greatly appreciate it. thanks

2. Coyboy

Coyboy Well-Known Member

3. jmason

jmason Well-Known Member

Where the heck is that "easy button"? Cause "that was easy"!:)

4. Joel Russo

Joel Russo Official LRH Sponsor

No worries with Jim, he's good to go!

5. jmason

jmason Well-Known Member

Boy, I sure didn't mean that in a bad way. I meant it was real easy for catch-34 to find a good guy to go to. I'm sorry if that came out the wrong way! That couldn't have been easier for catch-34! Now, where's that easy button?:D

6. zuba

zuba Well-Known Member

where are you from catch-34? I can personaly vouch for Jim's work. I hope to have another gun in his shop this year...

7. yotefever

yotefever Well-Known Member

You could also check with the WI state F class champ, he is also familiar with Jim's work ;-)
    I've been very happy with everything Jim has done for me and I don't have to ship the work out. I like to deal face to face when every possible.

8. catch-34

catch-34 Well-Known Member

thank you all for the replies i have spoken with Jim and plan on working with him.