Gun runner pack and 30" barrel

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by albertakid, Nov 15, 2012.

1. albertakid

albertakid Well-Known Member

I am looking for those of you who might be using a gunrunner eberlestock pack and a rifle with a 30 inch tube??? Need a hands free carry option for a 338 lapua with a 30 inch barrel and nightforce optics, but don't need a huge pack. Right now I use a drag bag and a badlands monster fanny pack, but would like a little quicker acess to my rifle.

Jordan

2. angus-5024

angus-5024 Well-Known Member

my gun fits with room to spare, but has a 28" barrel. Make sure that you get the "M" version. They have the wider scabbard for big optics.

3. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I am using the Eberlestock X1 and my 330 win with a 56mm NXS fits in well even with bipod. The rifle has a 28" tube plus a brake. I also have carried my 338 LM with a 28" tube plus brake and a 56mm NXS and Harris 9~13" bipod. This rifle has a A-5 Mcmillan and weighs about 16 lbs.

Jeff

4. pyroducksx3

pyroducksx3 Well-Known Member

I have the gunrunner and it isnt the best option from eberlestock. I barrels really bad. I dont have one but think the gunslinger II is a much better option.

5. COBrad

COBrad Well-Known Member

I'm using a gun runner with a 28" barrel, 13.5 lb. rifle. Works great. The pack is sized just right for a day pack. I have the extra pockets attached to each side so I can carry my regular things, plus tripod and spotting scope.