Gun Laws

I know my kids would like us to move back to Washington and my wife is allergic to some of the plants growing wild here in Arizona, but am going to think very hard about moving back and considering alternative States. Got used to the laws here in Arizona which are slightly looser. :)

Think i'll break my windows too! :rolleyes:

Bruce

Sharp Shooter.gif

No surprise. I had a conversation with the Attorney General last week, and he indicated that the legislature would do some work on it in two years when the sunset clause expires. I didn't have any plans to do anything before then anyway, so I will just wait and see what happens. I need to read it all again and pay a little more attention to make sure I don't do something really stupid. Most of it is unenforceable and won't really matter much, plus over 2/3 of the county sheriffs have said they will not enforce it. But some things just can't be ignored, like the section requiring your heirs to register any handguns with the state if you expire. I also need to check to see if it affects our concealed carry laws. The low voter turnout is what killed us. Eastern Washington virtually didn't vote, which really surprised me. I thought they would turn out in droves to defeat this. I think their attitude is to just ignore it since they are so spread out and cannot be monitored. What really ****es me off is how quiet the gun dealers were on this. They should have been united and vocal, but they stayed completely out of it because for them it is a huge cash cow that just fell in to their laps.

What we see here in CA is if someone wants an issue passed or politician elected, they literally go door to door and drive people to the booth who will vote the way they want.

Laws that pass are not based on what the majority wants, it is based on who was giving out rides to the voting booth.

This is what is referred to as "grass root" work. It often has little to do with the local people, it has to do with how to pay people to give out rides, and knowing who is likely to vote certain ways.

Believe me, it is quite organized and they already have a pretty good idea how 90% will vote in the next election, even though you don't know who the candidates will be or the issues on the ballot.

Just saw where Bloomberg put his 1 million on the WA initiative, Maybe he should save his money and buy the white house. That's the whole problem with this country the rich own it now and make the laws. Oddly enough, that is the hallmark of a third world country (which the USA is fast becoming). A concentration of wealth with the masses having no real influence.
Well stated!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts