New Gun Laws in Connecticut

I just saw the Newtown parents on 60 Minutes.

Look, we all join these parents in expressing our deepest sympathies. What happened to them is horrible.

But it is no more fair to blame and punish honest, law-abiding gun owners for the actions of one sick person than it is to blame all drivers for the actions of one drunk driver.

I think that the NRA's major talent has always been their ground game with the polititians and influencial organizations,one on one. In the end, they determine our outcome. The very recent declaration of the ACLU's position against gun registration may very well be one of he most important positions tha could kill Obama's target legislation with the highest chance of passing. You can rest assured that the NRA was behind this significant win that could secure the blue state politicians. The NRA may not be perfect but they are all we have, and have proven to be able to scare the **** out of the politicians. If you are not a member.....join! IMO.

I've been buying gift memberships for a couple of months now for everyone I know. Just seems like the prudent thing to do.

While it's been a few states that have severely restricted out rights as responsible firearm owners, it scares me to think about transporting firearms across state lines to go hunting and playing dodgem with different states, let along the airlines.

I still think your best investement in dollars to fight this is the NRA and I'd like to see 90% of registered firearms owners as members......

Doing my part.

I look at it this way, ammunition is scarce, so is reloading components, might as well spend that money on memberships or donations to further our cause.

I never thought, in my wildest dreams, that 22's would be so hard to get. A lowly 22 and none to be had. Crazy. Our club had to cut their 22 indoor pistol league by half because no one had any 22's.

I keep writing, everyday.

I just saw the Newtown parents on 60 Minutes.

Look, we all join these parents in expressing our deepest sympathies. What happened to them is horrible.

But it is no more fair to blame and punish honest, law-abiding gun owners for the actions of one sick person than it is to blame all drivers for the actions of one drunk driver.

It's not. However, we have become fair game for everyone with an axe to grind.

Candidly, I know about prejudice and adversity, I've lived with it all my life, as a kid, in school and as an adult at my job and in everyday society.

Do I come out and say because I'm a minority I deserve special treatment? Hell no..... I don't want to be treated as special, as different, I want to be treated as an American and I want people to respect my rights as granted to me under the Constitution and I'm willing to fight for that, just as I continually fight for equality.

Make no mistake, this fight crosses all boundaries, ethnic, religious, racial, every boundary..... Solidarity and support of the one organization that can champoin our fight is what it takes.

I'm off my rant.....:)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.