Grizzly Bear Attack Survivor - Gruesome & Unnerving

Pdvdh

Here's a link to an interview with the survivor of a 1959 Glacier National Park sow grizzly bear mauling. A predation-induced attack & mauling. Rather rare with grizzly/brown bear, but not unheard of. Remember Timothy Treadwell in Alaska? The bear lover?

This attack had nothing to do with a sow protecting cubs. Gruesome! The victim and survivor, Joe Williams, never told his story in this level of detail, until 2007. Joe has since passed away.

Better take a shot of Vodka to settle the nerves, before settling down and listening to this first-hand account. Will require ~31 minutes of listening time.

Grizzly Bear Attack | The Story

There are many so called experts on bear attacks today. I am partial to James Gary Shelton and his books such as Bear Encounter Survival Guide because I got to know him a little over the phone after a friend of my family was attacked and killed by a black bear. He has a more pro-human view when it comes to bear on human attacks and has a down to earth way of explaining to you how to avoid as well as well survive bear attacks in his books. I have read many different books on the subject but I agree with Gary far more than any other author. If you live, hunt, or work in bear country as I have especially grizzles his books are a must read. I lived, worked, and hunted in Wyoming grizzly country for ten years and they kept me out of any trouble.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.