Greybull Stocks

JOSH 03

I really like the looks of their stocks. Unfortunately I havent had the opportunity to get behind one but I'm thinking of using one for a build. I understand they are built by B.C but I was seeing if anyone had any experience using them.

Josh

As to your question concerning Greybull stocks, I have had 3 of them. It is a B&C but the ergonomics sliding in behind it are fantastic. I took the most recent one I built and bedded the recoil lug. I certainly hope it will help with the consistency of shot placement because there was some play. I would absolutely build on them again. Call and speak to Don. He will answer all of your questions. It is no MCM or Manners but by far my favorite besides those. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info, they do look like they are set up well to shoot from the prone. Do you have any pics of your builds wearing the greybull stocks?

I used one on my .264 win mag build. Don is a great guy, shipped my stock before I paid him, answered all my questions, wonderful to deal with. The stock fits me very well. For the money I think it's the best thing going.
Kyle

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 109
I have one on a rifle built specifically as a long range varmint gun, intended to be shot prone. As has been stated, the ergonomics of the stock are great. It felt just like a Manners MCS-T2 I looked at, but with a narrower fore-end.

The recoil lug area of mine was milled out and glass bedded.

Those who have built off them... what barrel contour did you go with? I see they are inlet for a Sendero from Greybull.

I think you'll like the stocks - I've got one on a 6.5 Sherman build at my gunsmiths right now. I wanted a Manners, but didn't want to wait 4 months - I got my Bartlein light palma barrel and greybull stock for the price of the Manners stock I was going for.

Don is a great guy and will answer all of your questions - They even have a few more color options on the way. I got one of the new "dark grey" and I really like it a lot. They have brown now as well. For the price, it's hard to beat.

Here is the Dark Grey and Brown colors:
unnamed.jpg

My build starting off as a plain Rem 700 ADL 30-06:
IMG_9631.jpg

Threw it in the stock to have an idea of what my 6.5 Sherman will look like:
IMG_9637.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.