Greybull Precision Stock

mrb1982

At first glance I like what these stocks have to offer. It would go on a 300 RUM with a 28" sendero contour barrel. I would probably skim bed it right away. I use a 50 mm object scope so I am thinking I will probably have to have an adjustable cheeks piece installed. I had this done on my sendero stock and it was great. Kinda curious of other peoples experiences with this stock. Found a lot of sales ads on my searches about it but not a ton of first hand reviews. Thanks

I own 2 of them. A SA and a LA. I've also bedded them for 3 other guy's rifles. For a budget LR stock I think they offer great value and are a great all around stock.

As far as the cheek height goes it is a little low. The way I got around it was to put a padded stock pack on it. With a 20 moa rail, 30mm tube low rings, you should be able to put a 50 mm bell on there and be good with a Sendero contour. The stock pack will get your eye level on the money and then you can rip it off when it comes time to clean.

The thing I don't care for on my hs stock on my sendero is it has a little slope. It appears theye is no slope on the greybull. It appears to be flat more like a tactical stock in that regard. Is that accurate?

I would say that it is more flat than a sendero but I have not shot a ton of sendero's for comparison. I don't think that it is completely flat though. There is a little drop in the comb of it.

Interesting. I know a lot of guys around here really like the stock. They tell me it actually will take recoil out of the gun. A lot of people locally are pretty impressed with them.

I really like the sendero stock, just wish it didn't have that brief slant in the comb I guess.

Yeah. There isn't one design that is perfect for any situation. For me, the guns were built to be a long range hunter's first. This stock fits that bill exceptionally. Very stiff with the full length aluminum frame, just right ergonomics and feel, and the price is fair to me. I think if you were shooting off hand a lot the grip angle of the HS sendero and maybe the lighter weight would be better to have than the GBP but I don't hunt like that too much. I've had mine on 2 high country deer hunts and they go in/out of a scabbard very nicely and have held up great.

I shot both of mine for a long time without a stock pack and I could manage fine, especially prone. But now that the stock pack is on there it is really perfect for me. The Triad tactical packs come with a few strips of build up material so you can stick it in there to your liking for the right fit. I highly recommend them.

Interesting. I am trying to decide what color. I am thinking the grey or tan. It is gonna be a stainless barrel though so I am not sure which one I will decide to go with.

Thanks for your insight. Seems like a pretty good hunting stock.

Do you get good accuracy with them? Some are better than others of course.

Greg Tannel did the plumbing on both of mine and he is a great gunsmith. They both shoot 1/3-1/2 moa all day long and better when I've had some practice.

I've got one rifle with the black stock and stainless cerakote on the metal. (Actually satin aluminum, but I thought it looked more stainless than what the people at cerakote think stainless looks like).

DSC00068.jpg

DSC00065.jpg

The other is a tan SA with black cerakote finish on the metal. I did the cerakote work on both myself. I also did an inlet for CDI bottom metal on the SA below myself too.

IMG_7680.jpg

IMG_7685.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. The pics didn't come through on the computer I am on but the video did. I will have to try to look at the pics on a different computer. I like the black and tan combo also, was just trying to save a little money on the smith work at that point. I will more than likely be using Chad Dixon at Longrifles.inc.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.