STOCK SELECTION, McMillan, Manners, Greybull

etisll40

I'm looking at changing over my 7mm stw to a new stock. I currently have an HS Precision Pro-Series Sendeor Varmint A1 Tactical Full Bull Stock puchased from "stockysstocks." Search code PSV096/97... It's a great stock but I'm looking at another stock that has a thinner Palm Swell. I sometimes carry my gun with one hand. I'm thinking about a McMillan M40A or something similiar in Manners or Greybull or any high quality stock. I'd be willing to trade and pay up if needed for a new one. Obviously I'll be selling this one. There's nothing wrong with it, my hand just isn't comfortable on it. I have a Stiller Predator action and a Broughton #5 contour barrel custom fit in it. Any suggestions recommendations.

I hand carry my rifle a lot so wanted a stock that wasn't too wide and would balance with the #5 contour Brux 25.5 inch barrel. Ended up using the McMillan Adj. HTG. The balance is perfect.

This is exactly what I wanted to hear as I'm probably in the same rifle weight class as you and I like carrying my rifle one handed as I walk, stalk or climb through different terrains and I like the feeling of walking and being ready to pull up if I want or need to. The mcmillan looks like it fits the bill and isn't overly heavy and bulky yet sturdy enough to handle high recoil.

Thanks,
Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts