greetings!

ShawnF

Just surfed in here, searching long range shooting info. I live in Michigan, but am moving to Wyoming the first of April. I am very new to long range shooting, and alot of the termanology is new to me. I have hunted, fished and trapped nearly all my life, but the furthest i have shot deer at is 400 yds. I am hoping to purchase/put together a setup to shoot up to 1000. I am currently looking at buying a rifle from gun werks, but I have an open mind untill i actually make a purchase. I hope I can do some learning on here.

Welcome to Long Range Hunting.gun)

Glad to have you aboard. Feel free to join right in.;);) If you're moving out west you will have lots of opportunities for some long range shooting.

I can understand your history and reasoning in thinking about buying a rifle from Gun Werks but, if you were a close personal friend of mine, I'd whisper in your ear and tell you to do a lot more reading before you made up your mind.:):) Then, if that was still your decision, I'd tell you to go for it.

Welcome aboard.

Its a fun place to hang around. The only problem is that there is no pot bellied stove to spit on.;)

Ditto what ss7mm said. There ain't no big rush. Get out here first and do some talkin'/visiting and snooping then make the big decision.

Good luck on the move.

Welcome Shawn,

This is the perfect site to gather a world of knowledge in regard to long range hunting. There are many individuals on here that will be glad to answer any questions you may have and offer quality advice.

There is also a ton of info archived on this site.

Wyoming is a great state to relocate to; I like to refer to WY as my second home. I can assure you that you will need to extend your shooting range limit past 400 yards.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts