Greetings from Sweden

funke

Hi all.
Well, I think i`s time to introduce myself. As you can see, i`m from Sweden, were the polarbears roam the streets and sainta claus drives a Volvo to his office. NOT!:)
Anyway....When I turned 50 (january) I decided it was time for me to get a Hunters License. To hunt here in Sweden you have to pass 1 written exam and 1 practical exam ( safe gun handling, target shooting on fixed and moving target). Great fun!
I have always loved nature, both above and under sealevel (been diving alot), and now it`s time to try hunting.
I`m thinking of bying a Howa 1500. Seems like good rifle for the money. Scoop I havent decided yet (suggestions?)
Long Range Hunting is normaly nothing we do here in Sweden and I dont think Long Range Target shooting is a big thing either, so it`s great fun that I found this place. Lot of interesting reading that i`m sure will be usefull for me in the future.

Well, that`s all for now, but if YOU have any questions about hunting in Sweden, what game we have here or anything else, just ask, and i`l try to answer the best I can.:)
Be safe
funke

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.