Great Custom Rifle Work

Bang4theBuck

I've had a fair amount of custom rifle work done, and have had very mixedexperiences. I just got a rifle back from Kampfeld Customs out of Idaho. And I am very impressed with the workmanship. Also noteworthy is the fact that everytime I called, I got to speak with Karl, and he answered all of my questions. Seems basic, but not everyone answers the phone these days. I had a bolt knob installed, bolt fluted, custom bolt shroud installed, had a blended 3 port break installed and the whole thing Ceracoted. Everything looks great, and the return packaging was really solid as well. Just thought I would share a good experience.

I've had great results with Whidden Gunworks in Nashville Georgia. The workmanship is very nice with a good eye to detail. The accuracy on any rifle he's worked on for me is stellar. He's a genuinely nice guy (John the Owner) and his reputation as a world class 1000yd shooter precedes him.

Oh and one more thing... The turnaround time for custom rifle work is measured in weeks rather than months or years. ;)

Oh... One more thing again... He makes what are probably the best loading dies in the business. I'm having a 6.5PRC built by him with dies that match the chamber. This will be my first set of super premium dies. I've been using Forster for awhile now including their Ultra Micrometer Seater Die which up til now has served me well.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts