Gray Wolf Killed Michigan LP

Guy broke the third rule in "SSS".
The 3 S's needs to be expanded, DO NOT TAKE A SELFIE WITH THE DEAD WOLF! Yes we all carry cameras on our smartphones but they don't have to document everything you do. You will show "trusted" friends the pic of you and the wolf and they may be less trustworthy than you thought and then sooner or later the federal squirrel cops come knocking on your door and lend you the use of some silver bracelets.

We don't have Mountain Lions in Iowa either yet pictures of a few getting killed show up. They aren't protected as they don't exist. Some of my friends have them show up on the trail cams each year. I believe more get killed but the 3 SSS's are practiced. A few people have learned that putting yourself on Facebook etc with a dead mountain lion is a fast way to be stalked and hounded by anti hunters.

As a long time predator hunter, not living in Wolf infested states, I have wondered why wolf hunting, calling, has not become more of a "Sport"?

I am sure that there are some very accomplished wolf hunter/callers out there, but you never hear anything on techniques, etc that are used.

I have talked to some of the people that fund reintroduction of wolves, it is hard to believe their mind set. They also would never believe the decline of the deer and elk herds that wolves cause...never....

I could literally write three pages of stuff on this thread....wolves and cougars.
The MI DNR has tried to cover up the presence of cats. Why? The MI DNR doesn't
want them in the state. The feds are the ones pushing them....along with big money private groups.
This is happening down into Iowa and Missouri also. A guy shot a "huge coyote" in MO a few years back(there have been several wolf confirmations in MO). He went from an article bragging about his big "coyote", to about three weeks later an article telling all sportsmen how they need to learn how to differentiate between the two species. The earlier article said the Feds were going to investigate the wolf kill and decide whether or not to press charges. The second article sure sounded to me like they had gotten the guy in a really dark room with a bright light and educated him about the fact that wolves need to repopulate the midwest. I figured he agreed to help educate his fellow sportsmen to avoid charges.

They do not give a darn about the existing natural resources in terms of the numbers of the deer and elk herd.

Much of this wolf/coyote introduction is funded by the insurance companies. Less claims from animal collisions equals more profit, this is no BS.
The longterm goals of the left is multi-fold. Decimation of prey will lower hunter numbers. Lower hunter numbers probably mean a lot fewer people will become familiar with guns at a young age. Fewer guns = easier to pass gun control. All of this leads to more control over the people.
A saga as old as time. I hope for my kids and grandkids that America stays free, all I can do is instill as much "freedom" in their minds and teach them how to shoot well.

Establishing Predator calling clubs in these areas where wolf and coyote populations are very high would be a start. Men get together once a month at a restaurant, eat, and have a very good time. Once a month have a Club Hunt(that is not a competition or prizes awarded), and during the off season, meet at the rifle range to play with new toys, work up loads on a new bullet, have some great fun.

As a long time predator hunter, not living in Wolf infested states, I have wondered why wolf hunting, calling, has not become more of a "Sport"?

I am sure that there are some very accomplished wolf hunter/callers out there, but you never hear anything on techniques, etc that are used.

I have talked to some of the people that fund reintroduction of wolves, it is hard to believe their mind set. They also would never believe the decline of the deer and elk herds that wolves cause...never....
The belief is the predator brings herd population stability. Sure does, they wipe them out thus stable. I wish these idiots would watch how a pack takes down an animal and eats it alive.

Seems like a lot of you guys say you're from one location but know a lot about mine ! Looks like I should be studying up on other states ! They would have to migrate through my area first . Let me just say that I have several shovels and a bucket on the tractor !

Seems like a lot of you guys say you're from one location but know a lot about mine ! Looks like I should be studying up on other states ! They would have to migrate through my area first . Let me just say that I have several shovels and a bucket on the tractor !
I didn't even know that there was a "lower peninsula" until reading this thread. But if you have several shovels and know what to do with them, you're on the right track. I am allowed to shoot them on sight where I live. Yea that was just a little braggin".
PS if you see someone out there stepping on the wolves and killing them, that's just @Muddyboots. He means no harm.

Last edited: