GPS Tracker

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Good evening
Anyone know of a GPS tracker that is small enough to put inside the butt plate of rifle stock?
I know the Government has them and are there some for the public?
When I was very young my father let me in a secret that he places extra cartridges inside the stock under the butt plate. He did this in case he ever got lost or was in the woods and needed extra ammo.. Years later I took some Butt Plates off of his firearms and "low and behold" every firearm had cartridges stored. I still use this practice on firearms that have space.
It would be nice to place a GPS unit in your firearm when traveling in the event they were stolen. They have units smaller that a pack of cigarettes that you can put in your rifle case. Use them if traveling. Wish they had them years ago when we traveled to South Affrica. We could not find our rifles at SA customs. I walked around the AirPort and saw our rifle case on a loading dock behind chain linked security fences ready to be trucked away. Started yelling for the AirPort Custom Police. We got our rifles! Just be cautious - all Airports have Organizations that have groups of people that passed Security for employment and STEAL luggage especially firearms. They know what to look for and have access to Customs Declaration Forms from passengers.
Too bad for the world we live in, but take precautions especially traveling to other Countries.
In 2023 Airport security has gotten better especially since 2001, but for every mouse trap - the mouse gets smarter!
Thanks
Len & Jill

If you use Apple, their AirTags are small. Anything you use will have limited battery life

If you use Apple, their AirTags are small. Anything you use will have limited battery life

THANKS
I bought something similar about six years ago, but it had limited range. Not like a GPS to track over the world.