Got lucky after 20 years

Varmint Hunter

No - its not what it sounds like, LMAO

I have been putting in for the Maine & New Brunswick Canada (non-resident) moose lotteries for over 20 years. Probably spent $2,000 on application fees and never came close; until today!

I finally connected with Maine and will be able to hunt for a bull moose in mid October. I can't believe I finally hit. Now I need to find a reputable outfitter who guides in Maine's WMD 14, which is in central Maine. Does anyone know where I should begin the search for an outfitter or have any recommendations? This will be my one and only chance of hunting a Maine moose and I'm really interested in finding an outfitter that can provide full services and has a track record with Maine moose.

Might check with member @Alibiiv as I think he's from that area. (Well, he's from south of there in Rhode Island, but I think he's hunted bears in Maine, so he might have input on a good guide.)

Congrats on finally drawing the moose tag!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.