Got it done this week!

Taxidermist buddy of mine in southwest Oregon...does a lot of bear rugs....a lot.......
But instead of an actual rug he is now putting head shells and ear liners in and doing the face up....
But not a rug...it can drape over bannisters or chair backs or still be tacked up on the wall....
Saves you a huge amount of money versus the felt liners with the quilt fabric......

After 5 days chasing bears spot and stalk in Idaho my buddy and I both got it done on the last day of the hunt. 405 yard shot with my 270wsm put it down. Spring bear hunting is a sweet deal isn't it? It kind of fills that gap in the year between coyote hunting and scouting for deer and elk.

View attachment 136194
Outstanding! Always wanted to hunt Idaho. Have a good friend that lives in Mountain Home and has been spring bear hunting. He is seeing them but hasn't connected.
That is a beauty. Will make a great rug. Congratulations on your bear.

Mike

Had the opportunity to glass this big ol grizzly across the canyon in the spotter. No the best pic, I was just holding the phone up against the spotting scope. Also saw some big grizzly tracks on top of our footprints from earlier in the day....I wear a size 13 and they made my feet look small! Lol.
View attachment 136209
Are you sure that is a griz? That looks like a huge black bear. Nice Job on your bear.

Nice!
I'm hoping to have my house remodel buttoned up enough this weekend to start getting out.
That is a very nice bear!

Are you sure that is a griz? That looks like a huge black bear. Nice Job on your bear.
Does to me also. A BIG boar ! The head and color don't look griz to me and small shoulder hump. But I sure could be wrong ! Wouldn't want to pull the trigger on that one until you were sure !

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts