Got drawn for Unit 78 , Wyoming - Any suggestions

DMP25-06

Hello to everyone .
My 2 friends and I were lucky enough to be drawn to hunt Wyoming Antelope in Unit 78 , east of Cody , Wyoming . We will probably begin our hunt on October 10 , 2016 .
Have any of you hunted this unit before , and if so , can you offer any suggestions that might help me ?
The 3 of us are from Texas , and have hunted antelope before , but not in this area .
Thank You ,
DMP25-06

I have never hunted the unit, but have killed an antelope about every year since I came to WY in 87. Get to the unit at least 2 days ahead so you can look it over. Have a GPS and land ownership chip for the area. Look it over. Look for water. Antelope are fairly easy to see from a distance so bring GOOD optics to look them over with. You should have it figured out if you get there early. Good luck. Bruce

Is this a guided hunt or are on your own, if you can get one or two horses and use them as a walking blind as seen on several hunting shows on Outdoor Channel.

We are on our own .
No guides .
Just spot and stalk .
I am driving to Cody during the week of July 4th to go out and check access .

Again I thank all of you for your help .
DMP25-06

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.