Got bored

I like that idea. But I think your ability is kinda being wasted on this little stuff. So come on down to Texas and finish my kitchen hahaha. I will load you up with all the mesquite you want to carry for your troubles šŸ˜‰.
Let me think a minute.........Texas is a pretty long walk from Maryland, and I have plenty of mesquite already.......now if you would have said all the wagyu briskets I want to carry.....that might have been another thing. šŸ¤£

What is your definition of wagyu lol. I got plenty of wagyu hogs down here. Some folks call them feral hogs but im gonna "rebrand" them as wagyu hogs hahahaha.

In college we traded 18wheeler loads of alfalfa from Colorado for 18wheeler loads of mesquite. Some wood fired pizza place around Denver bought everything we cut.

Oh, btw....here is the kitchen I did. Don't pay no mind to the 6BR rifle I built. ;)

Attachments

• 20160907_044118.jpg
    20160907_044118.jpg
    611.7 KB · Views: 89
Just messing with a diamond in diamond inlay made from a block of mesquite from my smoking wood. Thinking on inlaying it on the bottom of a fore end of a laminated stock. Not quite sure yet. Opinions?
Images are of a door built from scratch 20 years ago. Door is black walnut, but sunlight bleaches it out over time. Was damaged by an architect who chemically stripped the door thinking he could stain it dark again. Was left bare to the elements for 6 months. I guess you have to go to college for 7 years to lose all common sense? I mostly carve rather than do inlay work. I have, just don't find it as relaxing. Your inlay work is amazing. So where is the inlaid gunstock? I do a lot of work on churches and Victorian homes.
IMG_0230.JPG
IMG_0231.JPG

That's a nice door. Don't you hate when someone screws the pooch on all the hard work you do? Still have to inlay the diamond on the gunstock....I'll get to it eventually. The last one I did was for a buddy of mine. I inlaid a cherry diamond with a fancy border on the bottom of the pistol grip of a laminated stock. Doing the cut outs on laminated stocks is pretty tough. That stuff doesn't cut easy. And if you rush it, it wants to chip out.

Last edited: