Good powder, primers, and Lapua brass for 300 WSM

Wind Dancer

I have read several associated posts with regard to powder,and most suggest RL22 and H4831 are good. So, my question is this: Has anyone tried any of the Ramshot powders, especially Hunter; or, has anyone tried Vit.'s n550? The Nozler handloading manual shows the 550 as the most accurate powder with a 180 grainer. Also, does anyone know how temperature sensitve the Vit. powders are? Changing gears here a little with a couple of offshoot thoughts: any strong feelings about Federal 210M primers vs 215M primers in this cartridge? And, does anyone know if Lapua make brass yet for the 300 WSM? I appreciate anyones comments. Thanks in advance. Greg.

The VV 5xx powders will give you more velocity, and they're temp stable. But they burn hotter, longer to get you there. This will likely hurt barrel life. In a bigger game hunting rifle, thats not really an issue though.

You may want to try www.shortmag.org they have some pretty good information on the short mags and those guys over there just live for that round. I tried 550 in acouple of 300wsm and didn't have any luck one was a custom other was a factory.Well good luck.

[ QUOTE ]
You may want to try www.shortmag.org they have some pretty good information on the short mags and those guys over there just live for that round. I tried 550 in acouple of 300wsm and didn't have any luck one was a custom other was a factory.Well good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, but whatever you do, dont talk about LONG-RANGE hunting!!!

anything past a couple hundred yards is very unethical over there [insert rolleyes smily here]

h4350 has always been a winner as well

Lapua had n current plans to make the brass when i emailed them a month or so ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

JB

I am using F210M primers in my 300 Win Mag with great results. I am using RL22 also. I suggest you try the 210M and see how it works for you. I am shooting the Barnes 180 TSX and so far with the best load I have fired 5 or 6 groups of 3 shots each at 250 yards. The smallest was 1.24" and the largest was 1.97". This is with my big game rifle with sporter stock and Leupold 2.5-8 scope. I am using Lapua cases also in my 300 Win Mag. Rufous.

Second the H4350 with F210s especially with 180-190gr bullets.

Been a lot of issues with F210s last couple years with hot lots and lot to lot variation.

The russian primers seem to be much more uniform and cheap.

RWS primers are the best as far as uniformity and most expensive ($60 for 1000)

BH

bOUNTY HUNTER, i AM LOOKING FOR SOME INFO ON THE300 WSM WITH 200 G...JUST STARTED A POST TODAY. WHAT ARE YOU GETTING WITH 200 ACUBONDS?

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.