Good Hunting Fishing Story

Shuk,good story....!!!...I`m glad to see people finding what they shoot at....I`ve been in a similar situation,only we didn`t get our shorts wet.....buck naked....up to our armpits.....your crew is a great example of good hunters....

Thanks for making the extra effort to post the story. It wasn't what I expected, but it was a good read none the less. I did not envy the guy that had to take to the tow rope to the bou. I got cold just thinking about it.

Great story.-< nice fishing there, thank god you didnt need to hook up the fish to get in on the shore ¡¡

Looks like a great place.

[ QUOTE ]
Great story.-< nice fishing there, thank god you didnt need to hook up the fish to get in on the shore ¡¡

Looks like a great place.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif You crack me up. Maybe I should add a few fish of the previous day or maybe start a new Topic for the fish and there's lots of em.
What do think? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That envy will be corroding me for weeks ¡¡ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Inukshuk,

You live the life that many of us Americans can only dream about. I hope you appreciate it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

$bob$

[/ QUOTE ]

I do. I've been here 17 years and me and my wife sometimes think of moving south when we get fed up, but I'd feel lost. Not counting the fact that hunting and fishing is all year round for us here. You atving, snowmobiling, mountain biking, freighter canoeing, white water canoeing, Extreme Off -Road jeeping etc. not counting a couple more hobbies. I almost feel semi-retired /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
can i ask how you and most around there make a living?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave excuse me but you make me laugh. We may be far out and isolated, but we have the same job opportunities of any small town down south. Municipal hall, fire dept, schools, gouv, hosp, dentist, stores, college, housing maintenance, social services, hunters support etc...
As for myself I'm a semi-retired music producer for Inuit music and now I work as an Intervention Officer at a Re-Habilitation centre. With that almost the whole town are hunters. Part of the culture and food from the land is a lot better and cheaper.
Here are a few photos to tease you into coming up for vacation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k308/Inukshuk94/

Inukshuk, I just took a peek at your photos. Man, you are living the life. I'm pretty spoiled here in Montana, but it appears that there is a whole nuther level of getting spoiled further north. Well at least there is if one is into the outdoors, and I am. Good on you sir and it's great to see you taking full advantage of it and not taking it for granted. I especially enjoyed the hard-water fishing photos. It nice to know there are other folks as crazy as us Montanan's that will stand around an ice hole all day just to catch a few fish.

Big Sky

For the ice fishing well, when fishing for Cod with the incoming tide we can catch up to 80 in an hr, and lake trout in a good lake several in 1/2 a day and the largest lake trout I've heard of here was 4ft. My wife got a 37", and myself well it busted my line so it had to be pretty big. A fiend of mine had one but it was bigger than the hole, so he couldn't bring it up. Life can be so upsetting at times /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I still have to add some more so keep a watch out on that link.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.