Going Rate Rem 700

feelinducky

I'm looking at a Rem 700 Stainless Steel 300 Win Mag BDL synthetic stock good condition. The guy wants $700. What is the going rate on these?

Bought brand new unfired in box December 2,2023 at Sportsman Wharehouse
I paid 799.99 but the price went down and I got it for 70.00 less when I picked it up,so 729.99

Check serial number and see what year it was manufactured. Anything since 2000 or so is an instant No Go for me on a Remington product.
They went bankrupt twice for a reason and that reason was ****** or non-existent QC.

Well, I can't completely agree, as I have 2 rifles from 2015 that are just as well made as my early made VSSF II's that are flawless and both have Walker triggers. The latter 2 have had horrible factory triggers, but have Jewell triggers now. I also have several 5R and Sendero II rifles from before 2018 and the bolt timing, sears and triggers all required replacing, but I did this anyway when I swapped out the pressed steel followers for cast versions, PT&G make fantastic one piece bolts and all of my REM 700's have had this treatment.
Remington have always had an issue with the sweated on bolt head, never truly square to the centreline of the bore…

Cheers.

Recent Posts