Getting Rid of Pesky Beaver

Double Naught Spy

[ame]https://youtu.be/ZmOAZueTgxs[/ame]

My folks have about 23 acres and a little spring fed stream just outside of town, literally across the street from the city limits. The first beavers appeared nearly 20 years ago and the folks didn't mind the few trees they cut down as the creek was overgrown. Then the beavers started moving inland and taking the fruit trees pop had planted. They were grabbing these more than 100 yards from the creek. All of a sudden, they weren't cute anymore.

Over the years, the folks have tried various trappers (kill and relocation) and such and then I got involved with trying to trap the beavers. That worked pretty well, but I had some unfortunate by-catch (snapping turtle, raccoons, squirrel). So I took to shooting them and I find it much more enjoyable and sometimes more efficient.

Well the beavers are back after about 3 years and had built a fairly large dam for the tiny creek. It was mostly a mud dam and there wasn't any immediate sign of the beavers taking trees, though I have no doubt trees are missing. Here is a video of my efforts to get rid of the beavers. My apologies for the lack of focus. The combined factors of being in a hurry to get my first kill, too much zoom, and the beavers being wet, together resulted in the video not looking as good as it shoot. My goal was first on getting the kill, not videography.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.