Getting products to market

foreign

Hi all.

I'm a manufacturer from down under ( New Zealand). I make a chassis system for the Howa Mini action rifles. It's built around the premiss of being a light weight short packable kit. Where folding stock rules are allowed it can be really short or even almost a pistol configuration.

What I'm hoping to do is break into the USA market for obvious reasons.
My issue is I have no real idea on how to go about it.
Exporting isn't an issue, having the right contacts is the issue. I'm not sure if I want to go through an importer and distribution channels as that cuts my margins heavily.
Ideally would be to go through a shop that then sells online.
If anyone has some thoughts on it I'd love to hear them.

Cheers
Rob

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1687479722631.jpg
    FB_IMG_1687479722631.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 68
Hi all.

I'm a manufacturer from down under ( New Zealand). I make a chassis system for the Howa Mini action rifles. It's built around the premiss of being a light weight short packable kit. Where folding stock rules are allowed it can be really short or even almost a pistol configuration.

What I'm hoping to do is break into the USA market for obvious reasons.
My issue is I have no real idea on how to go about it.
Exporting isn't an issue, having the right contacts is the issue. I'm not sure if I want to go through an importer and distribution channels as that cuts my margins heavily.
Ideally would be to go through a shop that then sells online.
If anyone has some thoughts on it I'd love to hear them.

Cheers
Rob
Neat chassis, I have a mini I had twisted barrel cut barrel to 16" heavily flute and do the same with the bolt.

You might have to go a license deal route or partner up with a manufacturer here.

No problem with ITAR rules? That is usually the biggest first hurdle as far as international shipping.

I wanted one of these for the Grendel Mini, I was hoping one day these would be marketed here in the states or available for import, like the trigger springs I buy from HVHA in Australia.

Someone needs to become a dealer, I'd buy at least one.
I'm going to be sending a few over to individuals. Feel free to contact me. [email protected]

But yep a dealer there would be a good goal for me. I should approach a shop. Recommendations?

Brownells probably sells more howa barreled actions than every one else. They seem to work with action companies directly, so maybe they would work with a stock company as well. Legacy howa in the USA is very fast or famine as far as inventory, but brownells seems to have the most consistent stock.

I wanted one of these for the Grendel Mini, I was hoping one day these would be marketed here in the states or available for import, like the trigger springs I buy from HVHA in Australia.

Someone needs to become a dealer, I'd buy at least one.
That makes two of us. If these become available here, there will definitely be a back order.