Garmin xero

I bought an internal battery for my Garmin just for back up in case the original one goes bad, I got the number of it on YouTube I believe . The Model number is CS-GMP550SL Part number 361-00056-09 and another part number on it is 361-00056-08
made by Cameron Sino.
The reason I bought it is Ive had electronic devices internal batteries go bad in the past.
I haven't tested the battery life extensively, but so far I doubt I will run into a problem. I really appreciate limiting my loads to the shooting areas. The external batteries are good for number of emergency situations though.

I haven't tested the battery life extensively, but so far I doubt I will run into a problem. I really appreciate limiting my loads to the shooting areas. The external batteries are good for number of emergency situations though.
The battery that is inside the unit is what I am saying, after years of use sometimes they go bad.

If you want your device to last longer, only charge it 80% - 90% before storing it. Never store it at low charge after use or at 100% charge. This is true for nearly all modern lithium ion battery systems. The way some manufacturers kind of cheat this is by software limiting you to a 90% charge then allowing access to more of the battery pack as it degrades. This isn't the case with the Xero. This isn't a Garmin thing, this is a how rechargeable batteries work thing.

So if you want the longest life out of it:

1) Never run the battery below 10%
2) Never charge to 100%
3) When done using it, and storing it charge it to 80% for storage.
4) Anytime you charge more than 50% this is a full charge cycle. So if you "forgot to charge it" and you plug it in and it goes from dead to 52%. That is one full cycle.
5) Anything less than 50% is a half cycle. So if you go from say 40% - 80% this is a half cycle on the battery life. If you plug it in and only charge it 10% or 15% for an emergency bump up. That is a half cycle of wear on the battery. So stay away from small emergency charges when you can.

Most modern lithium batteries get around 500 good solid charge cycles before the battery shows noticeable consumer wear to the consumer. This is true for nearly all except the latest most expensive technology which can get around 1500 cycles.

Well, you brothers finally convinced me that I NEEDED one of these units. So, called Doug at Cameraland yesterday and now have one on the way. LRH forum has cost me a few dollars over the years….but I am happy!
The double edge sword of enlightenment is real. It's hard to be content with something that is just okay when something is introduced that really changes the game. This forum has opened my eyes, but emptied my bank account. 🤔

A friend of mine and me both broke down and bought the Xero. We had them out last week while shooting and decided to test them against one another. We placed one on each side of his rifle at the bench. For a 5-shot string they varied approx. 1 FPS.
Haha. It got to you too. So, I am in good company.

Man, I'm telling everyone, they are just so slick. Of course the old saying goes, "there are two people with chronographs, those who have shot with them, and those who will."

Well, for everyone who has actually used them, they can tell you the set-up and use is just a turn-off. It could take a simple day and just sour it. But the pros also don't believe me when I take one out and show them. They can't believe that something the size of a deck of cards is so advanced.

Of course, it being Garmin, we knew it would be as good as it is. Garmin doesn't release stuff that sucks, it's the best of the best.

If some of you guys want, we could make a video showing you some features? Show some folks what it's like.

Also, if anyone wants one, my shop is happy to sell you one, and we'll beat any dealer's price, especially a big box like Cabela's.