Garmin Xero C1 Pro

I have been using Garmin products for forty years, mainly in my plane. They are the best Bar None. Love my LR, but I will have to get the Xero.
Guess I'll have to sell my Vido Speed that I haven't used in several years since I bought the LR. If the xero works as everyone claims the LR will be for sale also.

Bulletseeker is supposed to be less than 1% error. It costs about $1000.

ZERO C1 is supposed to be about 1% error. It costs $600.

Seems like they are pretty close.

Nice comparison. Thanks for posting.
So, extra $400 for +/- 0.0005 accuracy. Only the individual user can decide if it is worth it.

I have been using Garmin products for forty years, mainly in my plane. They are the best Bar None. Love my LR, but I will have to get the Xero.
Guess I'll have to sell my Vido Speed that I haven't used in several years since I bought the LR. If the xero works as everyone claims the LR will be for sale also.
First run a
For those with units, if there are any product improvements that you want to submit to the product improvement team here's the link to the submission form.

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/ideas/
great idea. thank you.

I have used Garmin products in aviation, fishing and GPS communication for years with
No failures. Their stuff just works. Lab radar had too many issues with detection as well as
pricing so I held off. This looks like the way to go. Now, shooting stuff over 4000 fps, this may be a better piece of equipment. I still like my Magnetospeed though.

A tale of priorities ...
I have a magnetospeed that I use ~4x a year, and shooting chrony for pistol (really dislike the chrony).
Ooh aah, new toy. I want it
I ponder the purchase for a second, mad money burning a hole in my pocket ..
Stopped off at a local shop, found and bought a cherry 1969 Ithaca 600 Magnum instead, for $150 more than the Xero.
Took it out this weekend and shot 150 clays. Ooh, me like!
I can already tell you which one would get used more if I had both.
Priorities... :cool:
Edit to add, I have a Garmin GPS running watch that I've had since 2006, and used it extensively for ten years. The battery finally gave out in 2021.
I trust their quality
:cool:

I've been holding out on getting something different and getting away from my V3 and the Garmin looks like what I will get eventually. Love my MS but its limited and with it being a barrel mount unless you fabricate something like I did or buy a product to get it off the barrel, it works great otherwise, but not all of my rifles have the necessary mounts and adapters to put the MS on so this Garmin is a will have product for me unless reviews say otherwise when I have the funds to buy one.
Always thought about getting the LR but all the issues I've seen people have, it was always a hard nope, save my money, time and supplies.

Seem to be a lot of talk about some guys wanting velocities at different distances. The nice thing with the Garmin is you can place it any place between your shooting position and your target ie 1000 yards out and get accurate reading.

Seem to be a lot of talk about some guys wanting velocities at different distances. The nice thing with the Garmin is you can place it any place between your shooting position and your target ie 1000 yards out and get accurate reading.
Thats what I was wondering if a person could do, cover it with a small steel plate to protect it and get your velocities.

I'm holding out for a chronograph that gives single digit ES and SD every time.....I had hopes for the Garmin, but it looks like they're the same as everyone else......🤣

I'm a slow adapter of new products, the size is very appealing but I typically shoot out in the woods and have had none of the problems other report with shooting at the range with the LR. I'll be watching and reading the reviews on the Garmin with alot of interest but really have no reason to sell my LR to buy one.

Thats what I was wondering if a person could do, cover it with a small steel plate to protect it and get your velocities.
I haven't tried it yet. But since they track movement instead of sound I would think it would work great. I was thinking of putting it a 100 yards back of long range target so no need to protect it.