Garmin Xero C1 Pro

There's a great thread on the Hide on it where some guys have their hands on them. It will be awesome, big company backing it unlike Labradar. Time to sell the orange box
Be careful what you wish for, big companies have a way of driving out competitors, then have no way to repair their product, leaving you forced to upgrade every few years…we'll see I guess.

The first thing to jump out to me was the "5000FPS". I love the LabRadar, but it makes using a chronograph on some of the little speed demons extremely difficult (e.g. 17 Rem). I'm sure this is both due to speed and bullet size.

I've debated picking up a MagnetoSpeed or other chronograph simply to cover me for bullets exceeding LabRadar's limit.

To that end.. I wonder how necessary it is for me to even chrono some of those cartridges.

Now I'm rambling, but I'm glad to see Garmin is getting into the game and bringing some competition. I doubt I'll take the plunge, but I'll certainly be keeping tabs on it.

Be careful what you wish for, big companies have a way of driving out competitors, then have no way to repair their product, leaving you forced to upgrade every few years…we'll see I guess.
In this case, I disagree. The only main competition the Garmin has right now is the Labradar. Most other chronographs on the market are at a different price point or a bit obscure. I have a $140 competition electronics optical and it does most of what I need. Otherwise I'll grab my 1st gen magneto speed. Between the two, I can get what I need for load development and long distance shooting. Point being, I don't need the Labradar nor the Garmin to meet my needs. Most other shooters probably don't either. The cheaper, small company produced products work just fine here too. I think there is still a market for the less expensive products.

There's many of us out there that didn't jump on the Labrador bandwagon. Seemed like a lot of hassle at the range and many, many up charges on accessories. I have been wondering for quite some time why someone didn't make a smart, easy to operate chronograph. Labradar didn't seem to fit in that category to me. Garmin, on the other hand, has seemed to figure it out…from my perspective. So…like anything in the free market, it's time to innovate with a new competitor on scene or become history.

Lastly, I like this big company so much they live in my stock portfolio. I use their products in aviation, marine/fishing, I have one of their fitness watches, and have used their handheld GPSs in the field at work for…decades. There stuff just works, and works well. That being said, Garmin's arrival in the shooting industry is welcome…from me anyways.

Now, when we talk about Bass Pro swallowing Cabela's, I can totally agree with you there. Not a great outcome…

Once I purchased a RAT recoil trigger, my Labradar hasn't missed a shot (for the calibers I load for)... Prior to the recoil trigger, I was wanting to shoot a hole in it and hoping someone else like Garmin would make a decent radar..... The Garmin is nice but for now, the orange elephant is working well.... Labradar should have included those items that make it functional, like a trigger and decent battery....

Recent Posts